The lead host acts as a company ambassador: greeting guests with enthusiasm while coordinating seating, requests, special orders, and telephones. The lead host makes sure that everything is right, and that nothing diminishes the experience of guests, while they are at the restaurant. One has to be patient, well-spoken, and pleasant.
- Take reservations over the telephone, through emails, and in person, and ensure that they are properly recorded into the system.
- Handle follow-up duties to ensure that reservation statuses are managed properly.
- Greet patrons as they arrive at the hotel or restaurant, and ensure that a host or hostess is assigned to them.
- Oversee the seating and menu presentation of all customers to make sure that high-quality service is being delivered.
- Assist as needed with patrons’ complaints regarding food quality and service ensuring that they are resolved immediately.
- Relay patrons’ concerns to servers and the management ensuring potential incidents are prevented.
- Oversee the cleanliness and maintenance of the restaurant area constantly and consistently.
- Ensure that all supplies required to keep the restaurant frontend running, are available at all times.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate occupying this position. Associates will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
Qualifications, Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
· Restaurant experience preferred
. Open Table experience a must
· Demonstrate ability to work well in a team environment
· Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
DeRomo’s Gourmet Market and Restaurant is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by providing development opportunities.
These physical demands represent the physical requirements necessary for an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the position.
1. Associate must be able to stand entire shift
2. Associate may have to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
3. Associate must be able to climb stairs
4. Associate must be able to communicate in English both written and verbal skills
5. Associate must be able to bend at waist
6. Associate must be able to use hands repetitively
7. Associate must be able to reach above the shoulder
8. Associate must talk and hear
We are proud to be a Drug Free Workplace/EOE. All applicants will be required to submit to a background check prior to employment.
Job Type: Full-time