Specialty Market General Manager
The Market General Manager will oversee daily operations in specialty market. Ensure strategic goals are met by setting operational policies, creating and maintaining budgets, managing staff. This position is a working General Manager. Additionally, responsibilities include collaborating with vendors, ensuring safety policies are implemented, solving customer complaints, and developing marketing campaigns.
Essential Job Functions
Responsible for executing overall market goals, objectives and standards of the organization, planning and performance to profitable revenues.
Develop, train and utilize reports include but not limited to forecasting, declining balance, profit/loss reports, product margins, and inventory.
Develop an operating budget for each of the market; after approval, monitor and take corrective action as necessary to help assure that budget goals are attained
Assure all standard operating procedures for revenue and cost control are in place and consistently utilized. Meet or exceed gross profit margins. Manage all labor, and other controllable expenditures within budget.
Manage short and long-range training and development for market manager team
Greet guests and oversees actual service on a routine, random basis
Direct and maintain inventory, product mix and merchandising standards.
Evaluate and identify product needs to meet the vision of a gourmet market, maximizing sales per square foot
Develop training to ensure associates have a high level of food knowledge to communicate clearly and effectively with customers.
Set, train and monitor key indicators collaboratively with the Director of Operations to ensure overall satisfaction.
Ensure the market is properly opened/closed and maintained in areas including but not limited to the front of the house, outside seating areas, and interior market floor.
Manage market with an eye on the details (from the parking lot to the inside back corner). IE: Cleanliness, repairs, out of place items, opportunity for enhancements.
Ensure product quality and positive guest relations in the Market.
Assist in facilitation of floor flow and product rotation including merchandising, facing, blocking
Establish and maintain a positive culture with line level staff as well as between various market departments.
Ensure quality pre-shift meetings are daily, held.
Serve as a member of the Executive Committee
Assist to successfully communicate, train and support market staff in customer service, market operation and problem resolution.
Uphold all company, local, state and federal laws in accordance to professional business practices
Train, communicate, follow the Core Values of Columbus Hospitality Management
These physical demands represent the physical requirements necessary for an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the position.
- Associate must be able to stand entire shift
- Associate may have to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Associate must be able to climb stairs
- Associate must be able to communicate in English both written and verbal skills
- Associate must be able to bend at waist
- Associate must be able to use hands repetitively
- Associate must be able to reach above the shoulder
- Associate must talk and hear
Qualifications, Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- At least five years of successful grocery store experience in a management role
- A strategic view of the organization with operational expertise and command of the wide range of work required to build a successful co-op business
- Extensive experience in financial management and business planning, and the ability to draw on these skills in new situations
- Ability to build teams and hold staff as well as volunteers accountable in a way that builds trust and commitment
- Strong communication skills that will be used to work with staff, volunteers, customers, and the Board
- Confidence, passion, and a leadership style that energizes participation and collaboration
- Ability to communicate openly and provide a shared vision with clear metrics for success
Our compensation package includes vacation, paid holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, STD, LTD 401k with company match, dining and travel discounts.
The DeRomo's Gourmet Market & Restaurant is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by providing development opportunities.
We are proud to be a Drug Free Workplace/EOE. All applicants will be required to submit to a background check prior to employment.