A bar back performs tasks to support the Bartender and other staff members. They help with opening and closing duties, prepare and serve drinks, stock items and, assist in the reordering process.
- Assist with opening and closing duties, such as restocking the bar with garnishes, straws, and napkins, ensuring that Bartenders have clean towels, glassware, etc.
- Ensure bar is well-stocked with ice, liquor, wine, and beer.
- Check taps and appliances to confirm that they are working properly, making minor repairs, or changing out kegs, if needed.
- Keep the bar clean by wiping down surfaces, sweeping and mopping, removing soiled glassware, scrubbing coolers and storage areas, and emptying trash receptacles.
- Learn about menu items and memorizing cocktail recipes.
- Take orders, preparing drinks, bussing tables, opening tabs, and processing payments especially during peak hours.
- Speak to customers, answering questions, handling complaints.
- Maintain records and report levels of usage to assist in the reordering process and ensuring that delivered items are stored properly.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate occupying this position. Associates will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
These physical demands represent the physical requirements necessary for an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the position.
- Associate must be able to stand entire shift
- Associate may have to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Associate must be able to climb stairs
- Associate must be able to communicate in English both written and verbal skills
- Associate must be able to bend at waist
- Associate must be able to use hands repetitively
- Associate must be able to reach above the shoulder
- Associate must talk and hear.
Qualifications, Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum age to serve alcohol
- Courteous, friendly personality and professional appearance
- Knowledge of menu items, including beers, wines, cocktails, and liquors
- Basic math and computer skills
- Strong problem solving, communication, and interpersonal skills, ability to handle tense situations with coworkers and customers calmly and rationally
- Observant and thorough
- Responsible, punctual
- Ability to meet physical and scheduling demands of the position, including, walking, standing, or lifting heavy items for extended periods
At DeRomo's Gourmet Market and Restaurant, we strive for exceptional taste and consistency, as well as unparalleled customer service. We recognize that our employees are our most valuable resource to make this happen. Our team members make us who we are by being who they are and by bringing their passion for great food and great service into the workplace.
DeRomo's Gourmet Market and Restaurant is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by providing development opportunities.
We are proud to be a Drug Free Workplace/EOE. All applicants will be required to submit to a background check prior to employment.