DeRomo's Gourmet Market and Restaurant located in beautiful Bonita Springs, Florida is seeking a Banquet Captain to join our team!
The Banquet Captain oversees all aspects of a banquet or event, including set-up, food presentation, serving, and cleanup while focusing on detail and quality presentation and customer service. The Banquet Captain may also responsible for training and coaching of the banquet staff.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards
- Maintains constant communication with guests and on-site contact to ensure all expectations are met or exceeded
- Maintains constant contact with kitchen staff to ensure complete effective communication between food production and food service
- Ensures all functions are set and staff is prepared and organized before required time on BEO
- Inspects table place settings, including table linen, china, glass, silverware and condiments for correct placement and ensures that each element is clean, undamaged and attractive
- Ensures proper setting of buffet tables and other food service tables
- Supervises clearing and post function cleanup and garbage removal
- Maintains clean and orderly back areas, pre-function areas and storage areas
- Assures that all china, glassware, silverware, linen, etc are returned to their proper location after each event
- Assists with staff training programs
- Conducts regular pre-shift meetings to build rapport and ensures all team members are well informed
- Work with the Catering/Sales Manager(s) to ensure quality and accuracy of set-ups within all banquet rooms and catering locations
- Become familiar with the micro system used to process banquet checks
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction
- Must have 2 years banquet experience
- Must be able to understand and write English
- Associate must be able to stand entire shift
- Associate must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Associate may have to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Associate must be able to climb stairs
DeRomo's Gourmet Market and Restaurant is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by providing development opportunities.
We are proud to be a Drug Free Workplace/EOE. All applicants will be required to submit to a background check prior to employment.