DeRomo's Gourmet Market & Restaurant in beautiful Bonita Springs, Florida is seeking a store merchandiser to assist with set up and stock outs, organization of shelves, promotional displays, and specialty items.
Daily duties of a food merchandiser may include taking inventory, removing any expired or damaged products, replacing products, and meeting with store managers for re-ordering products.
The merchandiser may address any customer complaints or issues and maintain an adequate customer service level.
Retail Merchandiser Job Responsibilities:
- Produces store sales by providing point-of-purchase and shelf management services.
- Answers questions, responding to special requests, and describes product features.
- Maintains store shelves by observing displays of company products, removing damaged or freshness-dated products, tidying store shelves, and providing optimum display of products.
- Maintains inventory by restocking shelves with product from inventory, observing inventory levels, prompting store management to reorder when levels appear low, and arranging for return and credit for damaged products.
- Completes call report by observing display and pricing of competitors’ products.
- Maintains customer relationships by visiting with store managers, department managers, and employees.
- Maintains quality results by following and enforcing standards.
- Enhances merchandising and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Retail Merchandiser Qualifications / Skills:
- Product knowledge
- Quality focus
- Customer focus
- Client relationships
- Reporting skills
- Attention to detail
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required
- Minimum 12 months experience in retail industry preferred
DeRomo’s Gourmet Market & Restaurant is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by providing development opportunities.
We are proud to be a Drug Free Workplace/EOE. All applicants will be required to submit to a background check prior to employment.