The Beverage manager oversees all beverage functions including Center Bar as well as our Market wines. The ideal candidate will can maximize forecasts, develop revenue strategies and excel guest satisfaction. In addition, this position develops and trains staff to ensure compliance with all company, local, state and federal regulations.
- Maintains a Guest focus while performing duties
- Assures operational expenses and costs are in line with budgets
- Monitor and control payroll expenses as outlined in annual budgets
- Is knowledgeable of budgets and adhering to the profits they reflect
- Development and training of front of the house staff
- Delegates tasks for ordering supplies and follows up to assure accuracy
- Performs monthly inventories and updates beverage prices on spread sheet
- Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including beverage, supply, utility and labor costs
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas
- Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances
- Maintain professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards
- Ensure positive guest service in all areas. Respond to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests
- Ensure that proper security procedures are in place to protect associates, guests and company assets
- Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents
- Completes accident reports promptly in the event that a guest or associate is injured
- Ensure proper cash management controls are followed by all staff members, as per policy
- Manage shifts which include: daily decision making, scheduling, maintaining attendance logs, upholding service standards, product quality and cleanliness.
- Investigate and resolve complaints concerning food quality and service
- Provides direction and communication to team members regarding operational information and procedural changes
- Oversee the training of new associates including safe serve certifications.
- Develop team members by providing ongoing feedback
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date plan of restaurant staffing needs with trained competent individuals
- Have complete knowledge of all policies, standards and procedures of the department
- Be familiar with resort services, amenities, and outlets
- Available for work assignments outside of associate’s customary work schedule. This may include evenings, overnight, weekends and holidays
- Compliance with all resort policies and procedures and described and communicated by management
- Other duties assigned by the Director of Operations and/or Restaurant General Manager
- Upholds our Core Values
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate occupying this position. Associates will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
These physical demands represent the physical requirements necessary for an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the position.
- Associate must be able to stand entire shift
- Associate may have to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Associate must be able to climb stairs
- Associate must be able to communicate in English both written and verbal skills
- Associate must be able to bend at waist
- Associate must be able to use hands repetitively
- Associate must be able to reach above the shoulder
- Associate must talk and hear.
Qualifications, Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum of 5 years F&B Management
- Must be able to understand and write English.
- Knowledge of computers (MS Word, Excel, Micros POS)
- Must be Manager ServSafe certified
- Must be Alcohol Compliance certified
- Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, paid time off,medical, dental, vision, STD/LTD, Life, 401k with match, dining and travel discounts, and discount programs for selected cell phone providers.
DeRomo’s Gourmet Market & Restaurant is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work-life balance and by providing development opportunities.
We are proud to be a Drug-Free Workplace/EOE. All applicants will be required to submit to a background check prior to employment.