Located in beautiful Bonita Springs, Florida, DeRomo's Gourmet Market is currently seeking Grocery Clerks to join our Market Team.
Job Summary: Responsible for stocking shelves as per company standards, maintaining customer service, adhering to the company policies, procedures, and programs
- Ensure that customers receive excellent customer service and that excellent customer relations are maintained
- Aid in unloading product, including but not limited to grocery, produce, canned and dry goods, dairy, cheese and equipment items
- Stock and refill shelves, displays, floor spaces as instructed by Market Sous Chef
- Assist with the sign program, ensuring product signs are clean, visible, easy to read and accurate in accordance to the product
- Assist with building creative displays for promotions, sale items, etc.
- Accurately price items in accordance to pricing procedures.
- Maintain department sanitation, which includes cleaning shelves, cases, glass, mirrors and counters, dusting product, and emptying refuse
- Follow all state, local and company safety and health regulations
- Assist any department functions/needs as assigned by department manager or store manager
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate occupying this position. Associates will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
These physical demands represent the physical requirements necessary for an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the position.
- Associate must be able to stand entire shift
- Associate may have to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Associate must be able to climb stairs
- Associate must be able to communicate in English both written and verbal skills
- Associate must be able to bend at waist
- Associate must be able to use hands repetitively
- Associate must be able to reach above the shoulder
- Associate must talk and hear
Qualifications, Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to understand and write English
- High school diploma or GED; at least 1 year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Customer service oriented.
- Ability to work at a fast pace.
- Good communication skills.
DeRomo’s Gourmet Market and Restaurant is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by providing development opportunities.
We are proud to be a Drug Free Workplace/EOE. All applicants will be required to submit to a background check prior to employment.