Prepared Foods Sous Chef
DeRomo's Gourmet Market is seeking an energetic, organized and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Sous Chef in our Prepared Foods department.
The Prepared Food Sous Chef oversees prepared food including but not limited to produce, grab-n-go, and general stock throughout the market. Responsibilities include overseeing the ordering, coordinating and merchandising of inventory. Manages and leads a team of employees. Communicates company goals, safety practices, and deadlines to team. Motivates team members and assesses performance. Provides input to management, including hiring and training, and keeps management updated on team performance. Assists in the development of service teams, while monitoring service standards and levels for consistency. Promotes the market’s mission and core values through continual demonstration of actions.
- Monitor and supervise the timely arrival of scheduled employees, with aware of unforeseen challenges such as scheduling
- Assist in the creation of a weekly or schedule for employees, bearing in mind holidays and times of high volume for the business
- Ensure company goals and objectives are being met by each employee and provide feedback
- Actively seek to resolve any concerns while adhering to the company policy and standards of behavior
- Oversee and administer daily stand up/pre-shift meetings to ensure employees have a firm understanding of daily business, company activities, policy, and expectation
- Organize workflow and ensure that employees understand their duties or delegated tasks
- Establish tasks for employees to ensure a clean workplace and public spaces
- Monitor employee productivity and provide constructive feedback and coaching
- Receive complaints and resolve problems
- Assist with department inventory and ordering needs
- Prepare and submit performance reports
- Assist with maintaining and improving departmental operating standards
- Assist with motivating the departmental team to promote good team member morale and ensure a high level of commitment and pride
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of all market areas
- Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances
- Maintains a professional image, including proper uniforms, and appearance standards
- Ensure a safe working and customer environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents
- Completes accident reports promptly in the event that a guest or team member is injured
- Available for work assignments outside of associate’s customary work schedule. This may include evenings, overnight, weekends and holidays
- Adherence to all safety rules and regulations
- Compliance with all market policies and procedures and described and communicated by management
- Follows and promotes Columbus Hospitality’s Core Values
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate occupying this position. Associates will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
These physical demands represent the physical requirements necessary for an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the position.
- Associate must be able to stand entire shift
- Associate may have to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Associate must be able to climb stairs
- Associate must be able to communicate in English both written and verbal skills
- Associate must be able to bend at waist
- Associate must be able to use hands repetitively
- Associate must be able to reach above the shoulder
- Associate must talk and hear.
Qualifications, Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills. Must be able to understand and write English
- Eye for detail and accuracy.
- Reliable, with high integrity and strong work ethic.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Professional appearance and attitude.
- Computer literacy.
- Proactive organizational skills.
- Ability to keep a positive attitude in a fast-paced environment.
- High school diploma or GED; at least 2 years of leadership experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
Our full time compensation package includes a competitive hourly rate, medical, dental, vision, STD/LTD, Life, 401k with match, accrued time off after 90 days, dining and travel discounts, special offers from our business partners, and discount programs for selected cell phone providers.
DeRomo’s Gourmet Market and Restaurant is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by providing development opportunities.
We are proud to be a Drug Free Workplace/EOE. All applicants will be required to submit to a background check prior to employment.