Located in beautiful Bonita Springs, Florida, DeRomo's Gourmet Restaurant is currently seeking Bussers to join our Food and Beverage Team.
Part time, full time and seasonal positions (with an option to become year round) are available. Our full time compensation package includes an $7.50 hourly wage plus gratuity, medical, dental, vision, STD/LTD, Life, 401k with match, vacation, dining and travel discounts, special offers from our business partners, and discount programs for selected cell phone providers.
The primary responsibility of a Busser is to reset tables in a speedy professional and effective manner as guests leave the restaurant. Bussers are also responsible for the grooming of the entire restaurant and its perimeters, as well as supporting servers and service staff with refills and clearing tables. Other duties will be expected as need arises.
- Obtain service area assignments at the beginning of each shift.
- Clear tables after guests leave.
- Takes tableware to dish room and place silverware, dishes, glassware, etc. in appropriate areas for washing.
- Between settings promptly clean table tops, chairs and booths.
- Check floor and clean as required. Reset and arrange tabletop.
- Respond appropriately to guest requests.
- Communicate guest requests to server immediately.
- Communicate with server and host to assure efficient seating, table utilization and customer service.
- Assist server as needed with food delivery, especially with large parties and during peak periods.
- Thank guests as they are leaving – Good people skills.
- Show flexibility in terms of your schedule to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- Maintain a high level of personal cleanliness
- Be a team player; help out fellow employees when possible.
- Additional assignments assigned by management.
The physical requirements necessary for an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the position are outlined below. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the position.
- Associate must be able to work on feet for up to 8 hours a day.
- Associate must be able to sit in the same position for up to 8 hours a day consecutively.
- Associate may have to stand walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Associate is often required to sit and use his or her hands and fingers, to handle or feel.
- Associate may have to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Associate must talk and hear.
Qualifications, Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Knowledge of proper service etiquette and standards
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to take direction.
- Professional communication skills.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Self-motivated, organized, and ability to problem solve.
- Professional appearance
DeRomo's Gourmet Market & Restaurant is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by providing development opportunities.
We are proud to be a Drug Free Workplace/EOE. All applicants will be required to submit to a background check prior to employment.