The Purchasing Manager is responsible for ordering, coordinating and merchandising inventory, ensuring individual departments have prepared properly for expected business volume while meeting and exceeding standards for customer service and managing profit and loss. The Purchasing Manager is also responsible for the training, development and leadership of associates.
1. Responsible for buying the acquisition of goods and services needed for the property.
2. Manage the fiscal budget, inventories, expenses; including labor and supply, and cash control with a high level of urgency and responsibility that is within the best interest of the property.
3. Analyze P&L for business opportunities to determine areas for improvement.
4. Monitor and analyze the internal and external business environment and help manage the store’s competitive position
5. Monitor key indicators to ensure overall satisfaction and develop necessary training to provide outstanding customer service.
6. Manage facility assets including maintenance and safety issues and daily maintenance.
7. Help ensure store operations are consistent with all aspects of federal, state, and company health, safety and sanitation codes.
8. Support and develop team members through feedback, engagement, and recognition.
9. Train and coach team members to ensure proper product processing, customer service, product knowledge, suggestive selling, and safety and sanitation.
10. Ensure that the Market is properly stocked and merchandised in accordance with the needs of the community.
11. Maintain consistent professional working relationship with customers, associates, schools, vendors, suppliers, and regulatory agencies.
12. Help to communicate, lead, and empower the market team to deliver a great shopping experience for our customers in alignment with the company’s vision, goals, expectations, and policies while maintaining open communication channels for ideas, suggestions, and feedback.
13. Work closely with Market General Manager in developing departmental standards.
14. Oversee the specific department operations based on the goals, objectives and standards of the organization.
15. Have the knowledge and understanding of all operational issues related to the market with special attention paid to Seafood, Prepared Foods, and the Coffee Bar.
16. Knowledge of Opening and Closing procedures related to the Market.
17. Assist the Market General Manager and Market Managers with the monitoring and managing of all labor and controllable expenditures within budget.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, Life, LTD/STD, 401k with match, dining and travel discounts.
DeRomo's Gourmet Market & Restaurant is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by providing development opportunities.
We are proud to be a Drug Free Workplace/EOE.
All applicants will be required to submit to a background check prior to employment.